Monday, October 18, 2010

Still can't believe it, but it's true

So in two more days, I will be 7 weeks pregnant. It's hard to believe it's almost been a week since we found out. 

So my nausea has subsided some. I've been able to function and haven't thrown up in a while. I still feel tired and my tummy is a little odd feeling but I'm guessing that is because my baby is developing as we speak. That's a pretty thing to think about. But scary as well, especially when I do something bad, like eat a cheeseburger and fries, which I did yesterday. I decided I wanted a burger so I had a simple cheeseburger. It all stayed down too. But that's probably the worst meal I've had all week so I feel okay about that. And I'm still not having caffeine. Very proud of that but not proud that I am so addicted that I have horrible headaches. I guess they will pass eventually. I'm drinking lots of water and some juices and I do have the occasional Sprite but still haven't had any coffee. Ok wait. I did actually have a small glass of Coke on Saturday. I was so sick and my head was about to explode so I drank some Coke thinking it'd take away the headache. It eased off some but not a lot. I finally had to break down and take a Tylenol. 

So lots of people are talking about twins. I know they are probably all joking but it has gotten me and Allen a little freaked out. I'm secretly excited about the possibility, because it's like a two-for-the-price-of-one deal. Allen and I agreed we'd deal with that IF it were to happen but we said we didn't care how many were in there as long as they were all healthy. But really, I hope it's not more than two! 

Today, as I write this, I'm thinking about a lot of things. How we are going to afford a baby, how I'm going to lug a baby around in my little bitty mustang, how I'm going to help my kid in school, if I'm going to end up in jail for beating another kid up for wanting to date my little girl, you know, all those things. It's a lot to digest. But I feel good about it. I used to think I'd feel differently if I were pregnant, like my maternal instinct wouldn't kick in. I was pretty certain I didn't have a maternal instinct but maybe I do. I feel so happy that Allen and I have created something so amazing with our love. And considering the year we've had, this baby truly was created out of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment