Tuesday, April 12, 2011

SEVEN MORE WEEKS

Ok so I just realized that I will be 33 weeks pregnant this week. If you do the math here, it means I only have like 7 more weeks to go. SEVEN WEEKS!!! Where did the time go?

Here's what happened in my brain when I came to this realization. I thought, OH NO, 7 weeks to get my house done, 7 weeks to find a bigger car, 7 weeks to find someone to keep my baby, 7 weeks to pack my hospital bag, 7 weeks to find Corbin his very first outfit to wear, 7 weeks, 7 weeks, SEVEN WEEKS!!! And then my brain exploded.

Seriously, where did the time go?? It seems like yesterday I was calling the doctor to make an appointment to get another pregnancy test because I had a hard time believing the two I had taken at home. And wasn't it yesterday that Allen and I about fell to the floor when we found out we were having a boy because we could have swore it was a girl?!?! Actually I think we were actually more excited about the fact that our little baby had the healthiest heart in the world. It was later it dawned on us that he was a boy instead of a girl. I am pretty sure it was yesterday.

The past 33 weeks have been emotional, overwhelming, magnificent and happy, all rolled into one little teeny, tiny ball. I will never be able to put into words this experience, which bothers me since I am a writer. But it was nothing like I had imagined. Maybe one day the words will come to me.

Okay, so I'm not completely terrified that I'm only 7 weeks away. There is a part of me that's excited. I can't wait to see my little boy. There's another part of me that wants to see him to make sure he IS a little boy (wouldn't that be something!). I can't wait to see what he looks like and feel his little baby skin. I can't wait for him to throw up on me and pee in my face (yes I did just say that). I can't wait to see him smile for the very first time and I can't wait to see Allen hold his little boy for the first time. I imagine it will be one of those moments I will never, ever forget.

I think I may miss being pregnant. I'm going to miss feeling those little kicks and movements throughout the day. They were the most amazing feeling in the world and each day, they are what I most look forward to.

In just 7 weeks (maybe more), I'm going to be a mommy. What a weird feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment