Friday, October 4, 2013

Where did 2013 go?

Where in the heck did 2013 go? I am not digging the fact that it's October. Nope, not at all.

From here on out, my life will be psychotically crazy.

Work is crazy this time of year and so is life with little people.

We have Halloween/Fall coming up, which means I have to take the boys to every pumpkin farm within 40 miles of Nash County. 

Halloween is also a busy time for me at the paper because I have to find all the cute little children dressed up as monsters and goblins and get the best pictures ever. I also have to attend all those, or most of the, Fall Festival events all over the county. So I have to seriously balance my personal life with my work life.

 AND, now that Allen has a business, we have to deal with Halloween on that end too. His classes actually fall on Halloween and he's decided to cancel classes and instead participate in Nashville's Halloween events. He'll have a little booth at the park and give out goodies to all the kids. Maybe some will sign up for class. We need like 100 students so we can get our own building!

Since Corbin is in school now, they have little parties and stuff. And this year, Allen volunteered to help with the Halloween party which really means I am helping with the Halloween party! So there's that.


After Halloween is Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving is just stressful because we have to balance our lives with both my family and Allen's family and try to have a little bit of family time amongst our little family as well.

Then, there's Devin's FIRST birthday! Oh good grief! I have NO STINKING IDEA what to do for his birthday. Why must he have been born in December?!

We had a pool party for Corbin's first birthday and it was awesome. We did Elmo as the theme and it rocked. But now, with Devin we have to think of something that will accommodate the winter season,  and pick a time frame where people can actually attend. And, I have to plan it all too!

Allen's birthday is the same day as Devin's so I have to think of something for him as well. Ugh!


Then, of course, is Christmas! Even though Devin was born just before Christmas, he was in the hospital on Christmas and had no clue it was Christmas so really this is his first Christmas!

In between all this craziness at home is craziness at work. The holidays are crazy around here. We have the holidays off but that means we have to work extra hard so we CAN have the holidays off.

Let me just say, though, I am THANKFUL I don't have to cover the Black Friday madness. I would rather sit on a safety pin than have to cover that!

 I'm sure in between all this, there's more but I can't think of it. I do know I need to get pictures done of my crew. We haven't had a family picture ever and we've only done pics of the boys once. SO, let's just add that to the list, shall we?








No comments:

Post a Comment