Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Finally on the ball

Well, I finally did it. I emailed the ECU Scholarship woman again and she immediately responded and then we talked on the phone and wham, just like that, we were rolling. Perseverance paid off. I'm glad I didn't give up. Now, I can finally do something productive to honor and remember Jennifer. I think she would have been tickled to death to know a scholarship was in her name. And to think, it will help fund someone's education. I hope that I can raise enough money. I want this to be the best scholarship ever, not some puny little scholarship. I'm hoping to raise so much money that I will shock ECU. I have to at least raise $5,000. I almost laughed when she asked if I thought I could raise that much. She doesn't know Jennifer. I'm hoping that all the people that Jennifer touched in her lifetime, which is a lot, will remember her and help get this going. 

I'm thankful God didn't give up on me and continued to push me to do this. Now if he'll just stay with me and continue to push me so that I can raise the money and not give up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment