Monday, June 8, 2009

Still trudging along...

Weekends are just flying by. It's amazing how fast time flies by when you get older. When you are young, you feel like time is moving so slow but when you get older, it goes fast. 

Even though the weekend flew by, it was a good one. I got a chance to see my grandma and was able to visit Jennifer's mom on Friday. We had a good visit and I got to talk about some things I'd been holding in for a while. It felt good to be able to talk about it. 

She's very excited about the scholarship and helped me finalize some of the details. So now, I just need to finish this letter and get the lady at ECU to get all the other forms complete so I can start sending out the contribution forms. I'd like to have the first $5,000 raised by the end of the summer. I don't know if that's a reachable goal or not but it's one I'm aiming for. Ideally, I'd like for this scholarship to be started next semester. I know that probably won't happen. There's a lot of logistics involved once the money is raised so it may not start until next year but I can hope. 

I stared at my letter again but really didn't make any changes. However, I did begin work on a story I've been playing with for about a year. It's a fictional story but it's based on real events. I did change names to protect the guilty or whatever that disclaimer thing is supposed to read. It's a story based on a girl's best friend dying and all the things she goes through after she dies, the guilt she feels for not being there for her friend and her obsessions with things she can't control. Sounds familiar right?? It is. 

I started on the story just as a release for myself. It was something that helped me cope with some of the things that happened after Jennifer died. I wrote maybe 2 pages and then I stopped. I came back and would read over it but really had no motivation to finish it. But on Saturday, for some reason, I just went at it and I wrote another page or two. I felt good about the direction of it. It's not a story I really plan on publishing but who knows. It was more like my therapy. But anyway, it felt good to finally be able to write something again, other than a news story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment