Monday, June 15, 2009

Letter finally done

This weekend really sucked. That DTV transition thing happened on Friday and although we bought the converter box, we didn't get a new antennae so our television didn't work. And Allen worked all weekend so he didn't have time to get one and hook it up. So I was without a television for a whole weekend!!! He's going out of town this week so I'm hoping he can at least fix the tv before he goes. If not, I'll really go crazy. 

But I was able to do some things instead. I finally made myself finish the scholarship letter. I changed a few more things and shipped it off to be proofed. I still wasn't 100% happy with it but I just needed to get it done. Hopefully by the end of this week, all the scholarship forms and stuff will be done and I can start sending them out. I don't work this weekend and since Allen works all weekend again, I'm hoping I can start getting some of the letters addressed and ready to be shipped out. 

I should have done more this weekend but I just felt lazy. It was so hot outside I couldn't do much out there and I wasn't in the mood to do any writing really. I looked at my story again and tweaked some things but other than that, I just loafed around the house. Hopefully, this weekend, I'll be more motivated to get some things done. 

This weekend is also Father's Day so I'll be heading to my hometown to see my dad. I spent years upon years trying to find something we could do for Father's Day that was different than a movie and about 2  years ago, I found something. So for the past two years I've taken my dad to a Mudcats game. I thought it was a neat idea and had thought it had become a tradition of sorts. So this year, I had that all planned out again. Well it kinda got ruined so now I'm back to the drawing board. So far, it looks like we'll do a movie again. I guess it's better than nothing but I had already bought this big packet of tickets for the game. Now I have to use them myself and there's like 12 tickets in there. I'll figure something out though.

No comments:

Post a Comment