Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It only took 7 years....

Well the past week has been hard on me. I've really needed someone to talk to but oh well. I've learned to deal with not having anyone to talk to about things going on in my life. I talk to myself and God, so I guess that's good enough. 

Work has been hard on me the past week or two. There have been some disheartening stories for me to work on and it's taken its toll on me. But I get through it by knowing that reporting on it, maybe in some way, I'm doing some good. There have been lots of sickos doing crazy stuff but even more recently, I did a story on the local animal shelter euthanizing close to 3,000 dogs last year, only adopting out like 150. It disgusted me to think that that many dogs were killed. The folks at the Animal Shelter aren't doing enough to get these dogs adopted. But even if they did, I'm sure dogs would still be killed. That's why people need to spay and neuter their freaking dogs. 

Anyway, aside from that sad news, I get to go home each and every day to my wonderful two doggies, Abby and Sheba. I love those dogs more than anything. And I have a pretty great husband too. 

Speaking of my husband, he is FINALLY going to paint my car. I'm SOOOOOOO excited. My daddy gave me that car for Christmas 2001 or 2002, I can't remember which. But it was like my Christmas/graduation present. I graduated from ECU in December 2002 (so maybe it was 2002). I was so flippin' excited. I've always had mustangs. My very first car was a 1985 mustang. It was beautiful. Daddy got it painted up nice for me and it was in good shape. But for a new driver, it didn't work out too well. It kept flooding because of the year model and I didn't crank it right or something. Who knows. I can't think of what it calls but it irked me to death so finally daddy bought me a 1988 mustang. I've always talked about how I wanted a 5.0 mustang. My first two were 4 cylinders. Actually my dream car was a 1993 5.0 mustang with t-tops. 

When I saw the 1994 that Christmas morning, I was excited. I knew it wasn't the body style I had really, really wanted but I saw that 5.0 thing on the side and I was super thrilled. When I cranked her up and tapped the accelerator, I thought I had flown away. So much different than driving a four-cylinder. My car could haul booty. I've loved it ever since and my dad and I swore we'd fix it up nice. 

We're still working on that. Or I guess I am. 

My dad didn't get to help me fix it much. I don't know if it was because I was technically grown when he gave it to me or if it maybe had something to do with the fact Allen was in my life or what but we didn't do much to it. When it broke down he'd help me fix it and he helped me get a new transmission for it and some other things but as far as just looks, nothing much has been done and over time, my poor '94 mustang has turned ugly. 

The paint has faded bad and Allen and I kept saying we'd get it painted but could never afford it. And when we could something would go wrong with it and we'd have to spend our money fixing it instead. We've come close several times but the money situation has never happened. I always said I was gonna paint it orange. 

When I actually had the paint book in hand, I started to have second thoughts but I decided that it was now or never. So I choose orange. In two weeks my car will be orange!!! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. Allen is working hard to get the car ready to paint and I know he'll do a good job. 

In other news, Jennifer's letters are in and ready to go out. So I'm excited about that. We can finally get some money to get this scholarship rolling. Now, I need to stay motivated and start begging for money! 

No comments:

Post a Comment