Friday, July 24, 2009

Just another day in paradise

It's Friday and I'm excited because I don't have to work this weekend and I have some things I'd like to get accomplished. I hope that I can be motivated to get to these things I have on my "to do"  list. 

Jennifer's scholarship is slowly coming along still. The letter is done. Now, they are working on the flier and I am waiting to get some pics of Jennifer to go on it. I've got 2 so far. I'm hoping to go through my pics this weekend to see what I can find. And I need to plan a day and time to go to Bethel and see Jennifer's mom so I can get her pics too. Hopefully in the next week or two, I can get down there. 

Nothing really exciting going on. I've felt really alone the past few weeks. I miss having someone to talk to, just being able to pick up the phone when I've had a bad day and vent. I can call Allen anytime. He's my best friend but sometimes, you need a girlfriend to talk to, or someone other than your spouse. It's been a hard week for me. 

One of our cats got run over last weekend and though I haven't been as visibly upset as I had thought I'd be, I think I am upset but kinda keeping it bottled in. I've just been really down this week. I feel at peace with her dying though because she was happy the few weeks before her death but I also feel somewhat responsible, having made the decision to let her out of the house to roam. She, for the most part, stayed in the yard but apparently, she was sneaking off at night to wander. I found her early one morning in the road, dead. It was heart wrenching. Allen had a tough time too. He built her a little coffin and insisted we bury her with pictures of all our family. 

I also lost someone that I respected a lot as a child. Lucy Copeland. She was such a nice lady and she led me to Christ during Bible School one year. And even after that, she would always make a point to come talk to me before church and ask how I was doing and she'd always say she'd been praying for me. That meant a lot to me, knowing that someone thought enough of me to pray for me everyday. As we both got older, I didn't see her as much. Then I found out she was in the hospital. I was going to send a card but kept waiting to hear where she was going to be moved to. Then she died and I instantly regretted not sending the card right away. But she's in a better place. I know that for sure. 

Nothing else really going on. It's been a pretty low key event, except we did get satellite but that's another story for another day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment