Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Love and July

It's hard to believe half of 2009 has already come and gone. It seems the older I get, the faster time flies. 

The past two weeks have been uneventful for me, for the most part. I haven't really accomplished anything for Jennifer's scholarship. I'm still waiting on the official letter. I did get the revised letter back but now they are working on making all the flyers and I guess revising the letter even further. So I really can't do anything else until that is done. I've been trying to get motivated to start collecting names and addresses of those I want to send the letters to but I think with the way technology is now, it may be simpler to either personally hand out the letters and talk with each person or to email the letter or put it on social networking sites. I think that may work better. But I'll try everything. 

I have read two of my Nicholas Sparks' books again over the past two weeks. First I read "Dear John." I just finished up "The Choice." I love Nicholas Sparks' books. I know they are all mushy and romantic but I enjoy the fact that they aren't the perfect love story yet the stories are so amazing. I read his books so fast that half the time, I can't remember every detail I read. That's why I like to read them over and over again. I've been told since elementary school that I read too fast and that as a result I can't remember what I read. So when I got those tests where you read something and then answer questions on it, I never did well. I can't help it. Sometimes, I just get so excited when I read, I try to hurry up and get to what happens. Then other times, I just want to hurry up and finish because it's boring. 

But reading "The Choice" made me think of Jennifer last night. I don't know why. I guess the weirdest things can make me think of her. The book was about a couple who fall in love (of course, that's what all Nicholas Sparks' books are about) but even more important it was about how far a man would go in the name of love. The man and his wife were in a car accident and she ended up in a coma for like 12 weeks or more. Each and every day, the man came to see her. He would talk to her, help move her muscles around and never gave up hope that one day she would wake up. And of course, one day she did wake up. It was a great story. I'm not sure why it even made me think about Jennifer. But it did. And I've tried to explain why I thought of her, but I can't explain it. When I sit down to put it on paper, it eludes me. All I can say is, I wish Jennifer had someone that loved her as deeply as Travis loved Gabby. That's all I can say because I've promised myself I would let it go. So that's all I have to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment