Monday, August 17, 2009

Moving along...

Well, it looks like my car will go a few more weeks without getting painted. I don't even care anymore. It'll get painted when it gets painted. The whole thing has been a pain in the butt. I almost wish I had just left the stupid car alone. Almost. 

Other than the car thing, I'm still trudging along on Jennifer's scholarship. I feel so behind. Part of it is not my fault because the letters and stuff weren't ready. But I do feel like a big part is my fault because I haven't been getting my list ready like I should. Next week, I'll be talking to the fire department about the scholarship. I didn't realize it until this weekend, but I am really nervous and wondering if I'll be able to get through this whole thing without becoming emotional. I don't want my emotions to screw this up. So I guess I need to practice what I am going to say and develop a script of some sort to go by so I don't mess up. 

I have a huge list of things I need to do and I just can't seem to get motivated to get them done. I don't know why. I get home and have all this time to myself and I just clean up and sit on the couch watching television. I have no motivation to do anything productive. 

Work is really getting to me lately. I do enjoy my job but I do think I need a real break. But there's not a break anytime soon so I'll just have to try to get through this. 

Allen is still looking for a full-time job. We thought we had some leads but so far, nothing has happened. He starts school this week and I'm excited that he's going to really finish up his degree. He worked so hard for this and I want him to be successful with his career aspirations. I think we both need to sit down and just get our heads right. 

Other than that, things are moving slowly along. I plan to sit down this week and make a list of everything I need to do and actually start working on doing it. Hopefully by my next post, I'll have made some progress on at least something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment