Friday, December 17, 2010

Almost 2011

So the end of 2010 is approaching and it's bittersweet to see it go. 2010 has been a very interesting year. I've had lots of different things happen, some good and some bad, and I think this year will be one for the books. In a way I hate to see it go. 

But then again, 2011 is another new year and it's a year where things will hopefully continue to get better. Allen is starting a new business, we're having a baby, and God willing, one of these days, I swear I'm going to write a book. ONE DAY. 

2011 is going to be good year. I keep telling myself that. I have to believe that our life will finally change and we'll finally get where we want to be. It'll also be the first year I don't have losing weight on my list of New Year's resolutions!! 

There are some scary things I will have to face in 2011. Being a mother is one of them. Being a mother means a lot of things. I have always tried to put my family first but with a baby, I will HAVE to put my family first. No more blowing off my family because of work. I know there are times Allen absolutely hates my job. I work nights, weekends, some holidays and sometimes things pop up when we had plans and I have to cancel. I have to miss things sometimes but for the most part, I've made it work so hopefully my family never felt completely neglected. My work life will have to change somewhat. It's going to be an interesting road. 

I guess the key will be to learn how to balance. And that will hopefully come with practice. So bring on 2011. I'm ready to say goodbye to 2010 and hello to a new journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment