Monday, December 6, 2010

On to new adventures...

I'm feeling a little better this week, both emotionally and physically. I woke up without my usual tension headache and nausea. God, I hope it's all gone for a while. I'm so tired of feeling sick. But I know in the end, it'll all be worth it. 

As for my emotional instability, that comes and goes. I'm still dealing with things but I'm putting my trust in God and letting him lead the way, or at least I'm trying to. It's been a roller coaster ride and it's one I hope I never have to take again. 

But anyway, moving on, in a few more days, I'll be in my second trimester!!! I'm very excited. I think Allen is too. Hopefully, we'll soon be finding out what we're having and then we can start decorating the baby room and shopping!!! 

Allen is trying to get something going for himself in 2011 and I'm crossing my fingers and praying hard it's successful. It's something he's always wanted and there is a need for it in Nashville so he's going to go for it. He's done a lot of research and we've both worked hard to find a way to make this a reality for him. So starting in January, Allen will begin offering a female self defense class. He's starting off with this and will be holding classes in an already existing business. They don't operate at night during the first part of the week so he'll do classes there once a week and save up. If things go well, he will move forward and rent his own facility and start a full scale martial arts dojo. We both feel doing it this way gives us plenty of time to figure out if this will be successful before jumping into something we aren't ready for, like signing a year or more lease on a building. 

We've done a lot of pre-work on this and really thought long and hard about it. We've both agreed to give it a chance. It's going to be hard but I feel confident Allen can make this work. Martial arts has changed Allen's life and I believe he wants to pass that on to other young people. Plus, he's really good with kids and I think he'll be a great instructor. Allen has a lot of great ideas and we've already got a plan of how to implement everything. So we are hoping it works out so we can get a building and get rolling. I'm so excited for Allen to finally be able to make his dream come true. I'll do everything in my power to make it happen for him. 

So we are crossing our fingers and praying continuously for the strength and guidance to do this right. 

If this works out, it will be perfect for both us and the baby. Allen can take care of the baby during the day because most of his classes and stuff won't happen until after 3 so he'll be just getting ready and doing paperwork and stuff during the day. He claims he wants to take the dogs too but we'll see! And I'll be nearby so I can stop in anytime to see the baby and Allen. And hopefully my schedule will work out so I can help Allen with the dojo but also be able to keep the baby while he's doing classes. 

We've had some pretty great support from friends here. It's heartwarming to know there are people here that believe in us. From the lady that's going to give us a chance and let us rent her building at night to the ones who have helped us find means to make this happen to just the ones who have provided moral support, we are so thankful and can't wait to make it happen! With the support of the community and our friends, I think this will work. 

It's a risk but we're going to spend the first few months of 2011 trying it out before the baby comes. If it doesn't work, we'll hang it up and move on. I believe in Allen and I believe he can make this happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment