Thursday, January 27, 2011

Gifts

Who knew a child that was not even born yet could have such an impact on your life?

Just over 3 months ago, Allen and I discovered that we were having a baby. It seems that immediately after finding out, our lives changed. It's hard to explain but our thoughts today now focus on our baby, how to prepare for his arrival and how ensure that after he is born, he has the best life we can give him.

I can feel this little being growing inside me everyday. On the days I don't feel him, I get worried and on days I do feel him, it just makes my day so much better. It's a funny thing.

Being a mother has always been on the back burner of my "to do" list. I have animals and I also felt they were all the kids I needed for now. I had other things to do. My career was important to me and I felt a kid would hold me back from moving forward. Now, however, I don't care. I just want to be there for my baby. I want to be his mother and I want to be his friend (but not too much of a friend I can't spank his butt!) and whatever I need to do to be those things, I am willing to do it.

I hope this baby changes my life even more so than it already has. I hope it makes me a better person, a better wife and a better friend. I hope he teaches me compassion and selflessness. I hope he teaches me how to love. And I hope he teaches me how to be a better Christian. Even before he gets here, I can tell I am starting to become all those things.

Babies work in mysterious ways and I believe my little Corbin is truly a gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment