Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Apples and Oranges and Sugar, oh my

So little Corbin now weighs a whole pound! That's like the size of a box of sugar, at least that's what my "What to expect when you're expecting" emails told me. It's awesome to get these little emails every week that provides updates to his size and what things he's experiencing. This week, they said he can distinguish light and dark but he pretty much sees dark since he's in this dark hole in my belly but if I shined a flash light just right on my belly, he could see it. Weird.

Every night, I try to play him some music. Some nights, I just play him a lullaby by Reba McEntire and other nights I'll play several different things. I like to think he's in there just waiting for bedtime so he can listen to the music. At first, he moved around a lot when the music played but now, he's not doing it as much. I guess he's used to it.

It's so strange having this little baby inside you. I cannot wait for each doctor's appointment that I get to see or hear him and every time I feel him move around inside me, it makes me smile. Recently, we felt his actual foot kick me. We could feel his little toes pounding against my stomach. It was so awesome! It's the first and last time. I'm sure as he continues to grow I'll be able to feel him more but it's so cool the times I can sit still and feel him bouncing around. I know at some point, when he's really big and kicking hard, I'll probably not enjoy it quite as much!

Allen likes to talk to Corbin. He'll lean down and talk into my stomach. It's sweet and I hope Corbin can hear him. He doesn't say much but I think in a few more weeks, we'll both be talking to him a whole lot more.

And each day Corbin develops and grows more, I feel better and better. I haven't been sick lately and I've felt pretty good. I'm still really tired and lazy feeling but other than that, and the occasional headache, I'm doing so good. I feel great so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. I know eventually, I'll be so big I'll be pretty miserable.

But I can't wait until June. I just feel like we're going to have this amazing kid. I'm sure all parents think that but I can envision so many things with our little boy. I know Allen will be a great father and will teach him how to be a man. He'll teach him how to hunt and fish and fight and I'll teach him everything I know about basketball. When the time comes (like when he's 25), we'll teach him about relationships and love and women. I feel like my new best friend is coming into this world on June 8. It's just an amazing feeling and it's one I never thought I'd feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment