Monday, March 28, 2011

7 years of something

So, Allen and I celebrated our 7-year anniversary this weekend. It felt a little like the seventh inning stretch in baseball, where you need to stand up and stretch and prepare for the rest of the game and maybe even sing a little song.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to put into words the past 7 years. It's been good, it's been bad, it's been all in between. But would I do it all over again if I were given the chance. Yep! Every little thing we've been through has put us where we are today. And I'm happy with where we are today. I feel like we've been through just about everything a newly married couple can go through, and then some things a old married couple goes through, and still, I love Allen just as much now as I did when I married him. That's what makes the past 7 years so great. I truly believe we have this unconditional love that many couples aren't blessed with. No matter what has happened in our relationship, we have stood by each other and held on. For better or worse. We have truly been through both. I know having a baby will bring some new, different struggles but I know we can get through them.

We didn't do much to celebrate our anniversary but just spend time together but sometimes, that means the most. We rented some movies, went shopping for the baby, went to eat pizza and just hung out. It was a good day and great way to celebrate finding your best friend and soul mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment