Monday, March 7, 2011

Busy weekends

So, this weekend was super busy, not really for me but Allen. Nonetheless, where Allen goes, I tend to tag along (and vice versa) so in the end, I feel super busy as well.

My poor husband is working his little butt off. He's going into his third week of full-time work but when he's not at his full-time job, he's taking on side jobs and trying to start a business. Not to mention he's still managing to be a nice little husband to me (the poor, pitiful, ever growing wife). I worry he may drop dead from exhaustion. But I'm proud of him for trying to get things in our lives back on track so we can be more stable when the little boy decides to come into this world.

This weekend, we ventured to Pitt County (yes again, for the third time in a row). Allen actually worked a half a day on Saturday at his full-time job, then he came home, got ready, packed the car and we left. He went to his parent's house and worked on their kitchen countertops then we went to Farmville so he could work on some stuff for one of my aunts. I think he went to bed at like 1 a.m. on Saturday and had to get up at like 7:30 a.m. on Sunday and go to Lowes to pick something up so he could finish. THEN, we went to church, which is the church I grew up in, the church we were married in and last year, became the church Allen was baptized in. The preacher at this church has this way of delivering his message that actually makes me pay attention, which is something I have trouble with.  And he also reaches Allen as well so we love it when we can go to our church. This weekend he had a good message as well and I was glad we forced ourselves to go, even though I'm pretty sure we both could have crawled back in bed and slept until June 8. After church, we rushed around setting up for Allen's women's self-defense class. That started at 2.

Allen has been trying to do this class for several months. We had a not-so-good turnout but Allen made the best of it and went on with the class. I guess you find out who your real friends are when you are trying to do something to change your life and need people close to you to help you make it happen. I was disappointed that not many people were there for Allen, especially after all he does for others but at the same time, I was even more grateful for our family because they were all that showed up. Of course, there were some who wanted to be there but couldn't and we understand (the timing of it wasn't that great but what can you do?) but there were some who probably could have been there but just didn't come because they could care less. But anyway, I regress. This was important to Allen and I hated to see him disappointed but in the end, I was proud that he took the few that came and turned it into a great class, at least I thought it was a great class and I'm thankful to have family that came out and participated even though they may have had better things to do.

And the class was helpful. It gave Allen an idea of some things that went really well but more importantly, it showed him some things to revamp before he starts doing these classes for real. So now, we get to sit down and rework some things and start making this a reality. I feel better about things now too, being able to really see Allen in action. He's a good teacher and I was truly proud of how well he did things. If we can get the students to give us a try, I have no doubt Allen can make them want to stay and hopefully bring their kids too once he has the full scale thing going!

I have a feeling Allen woke up a little sore today, as did probably those that participated. It can be a physical class and Allen had the pleasure of getting violently tossed to the ground a couple of times, which I quite enjoyed watching. I was actually a little jealous I couldn't participate because I want to throw Allen on the ground too!!!

But anyway, we'll be trekking back to Pitt County over the next two weekends for baby showers so our adventures aren't quite over yet. Hopefully after all is said and done, we can take a break in April and get back to working on little Corbin's room. If not, I guess we'll have to find a laundry basket for him to sleep in!

No comments:

Post a Comment