Thursday, March 3, 2011

14 weeks to go

Well, time is going by super fast. We only 14 more weeks before Corbin comes into this world! I'm not sure we're ready. I guess in October when we found out, we thought by June we'd have our life all straightened out. But turns out, that hasn't been the case at all. We are getting there though so I suppose I can be happy we are on the right track.

Our doctor's appointments will become more frequent now. We will start having to go every 2 weeks instead of every 4. I say we because I'm blessed with a husband who truly wants to be a part of this whole pregnancy process. He wants to be at everything. I know some men don't go to all of them. But it is, afterall, a baby we both made. I just have the pleasure of carrying it. But it feels good to know he wants to be there and he treasures all the little things just as much as I do. Now, however, with Allen working a full-time job, he may have to miss a few appointments and though I'll miss having him there, I understand. It's hard to get off work when you have a new job and as long as he is there when I deliver this wild little boy, I will survive the last doctor's appointments by myself.

Next week, we start our childbirth classes. Those should be fun and I must admit, I'm excited to learn how this whole thing works. I hope it eases my mind a bit because giving birth seems quite scary and I've had really bad dreams that I died giving birth. Hopefully it's just a dream and just my fears coming out full force. So maybe these classes will give me a sense of relief and convince me that my body was made to do this and though it will probably hurt worse than anything I've ever experienced, once it's over with, I'll be ok and ready to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment