Tuesday, April 19, 2011

So much still to do

So, I feel somewhat overwhelmed right now. I mean, I'm closing in on week 33 of this pregnancy and there is still SO much to do! But the good news is that I'm a week later than I thought I was!! Last week I thought I was 33 weeks but I was really 32 so at least I have an additional week now. I must have miscounted somewhere.

But anyway, the minivan thing is not going well. We are still looking but having trouble finding something within our budget. Car dealers are like the devil! They keep trying to tell us we can't get financing for a cheap van because it's too cheap and has too many miles. BUT, they say, if you were to get this one that's like $5,000 more, I bet we could get financing. I guess I look naive or something. Maybe I do but I'm not falling for it. I'm not happy about having to get a loan for a car anyway and there's a good chance we'll end up not going through with it so these car people better watch out.

So we still have the van thing to deal with. And we have to do some minor work to the car we have too. Even if we get a van, the baby will probably ride in the car and there's some things that need to be done for his safety. So that's on our list as well.

The baby's room is 75% painted now. But we still have 25% left to go. In relationship to our house, I see the glass as half empty. Yes, the room is ALMOST done but ALMOST done does not count to me. If the baby were to come today, the room being ALMOST would not help us any. But we are progressing and I have to be content with that. I am trying to be optimistic that the room will get completely painted this week and the ceiling will be painted as well. Then, we'll just have to do the floor, and some odd end stuff. I wish I could say that was all. We still have our bathroom to remodel and our living room. And we have to finish up our bedroom. Those 4 rooms were on our list to finish before the baby arrived. After the baby gets here, we planned to start working on our kitchen and dining room and then move into what we're using now for our living room but that will be turned into our bedroom. And then there's the outside of the house; painting, new roof, all that good stuff. Yeah, it'll be years before our house is completely done, unless of course, we win the lottery and I can just pay someone to do it all.

On top of that, I still have no clue who is going to watch Corbin. I've looked but I'm not sure what to do right now. I'm not sure what Allen's going to be doing then. I hate to find a daycare and get him in and then find out Allen will be home. We can't afford to pay for daycare if Allen isn't working. But at the same time, I hate to find an individual to watch him when I don't know yet what our schedule is going to be. So, I'm sort of stuck on that one.

We still don't have a crib or anything in regards to the baby's furniture, though we do have a cradle we are keeping in our bedroom. And there's a ton of other stuff we need for the baby!

The list goes on and on. It's so overwhelming. I am getting more and more terrified that we won't get everything done and the baby will be here and we'll still be figuring things out! I know that's probably normal but it's probably also normal that I'm freaking out right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment