Thursday, May 5, 2011

My hubby

There are some days where I love my husband so much I can hardly stand it!  And then there are other days where I want to rip his face off! But more often than not, I love him.

That's what 7 years of marriage will do for you, I guess.

I am a lucky girl, I admit it. Both Allen and I put up with a lot from each other. I think that's what makes us fit so well. And Allen does a lot for me that I probably don't even acknowledge anymore because I'm so used to it. He opens my car door for me almost every time. He still holds my hand when we are out and about and he's just an all out gentleman. I like that about him. I hope he's always like that. I think since he's still like that after 7 years, he'll always be like that but I guess we'll see. Hopefully a little baby won't interfere with our holding hands but it may!

Our relationship hasn't been easy. We've really had to fight to make it work. But marriage isn't supposed to be easy.

In the end, I can't imagine not having Allen in my life.

This pregnancy has really helped me see how lucky I am. Allen has not missed one single doctor's appointment. He's been to every, single thing baby related, all the doctor's appointments, showers. He's helped me register and actually wanted to do it. He's helped pick out the colors for the baby's room, the crib, everything! He's just as into this as I am and I am glad. I wouldn't want to do this by myself and it is his baby too.

But aside from those things, he's also been right there through the bad things as well. He's been there when I had my head in the toilet, no matter what time of day or night it was. He made sure I had food and fluids when I was too sick and tired to get out of bed. Even now, when I am feeling pretty good, he makes sure me and the baby have what we need. He's been there through the really awful migraines, the mood swings, the frustrations with the house. He's just been there and though sometimes there's not much he can do, just him being there means a lot to me.

I'd like to think all men are like that but I bet they aren't.

So even though I complain about Allen sometimes in this space, I do love him and appreciate him. And I feel like a very lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment