Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I spent a couple hours of my Mother's Day doubled over in pain. I even cried it was so bad. And still, I have no idea what this pain was. I blame it on the Blooming Festival.

On Saturday, I covered the Blooming Festival. Allen always goes with me and this year, he was prepared to take over for me at anytime to ensure I didn't overdo it. I felt pretty good that day so I worked. I took pics and did what I normally did. I may have even stayed longer this year than I usually do. When I was done, I was tired but I felt good. I felt like I had reached my limit but hadn't overdone it. The only thing I had done wrong was forget to bring sunscreen and of course, I got burnt.

When I got home Saturday, I took a nap for maybe an hour or two. Allen decided to cut some grass so me and the girls napped. When I got up, I took them out and we played. Then I came in and cooked dinner. Allen ended up getting a really bad headache, probably from being out in the sun too much so he couldn't work on the house. Instead, he went to lay down. I stayed up and watched some TV and finally went to bed around 11 or 2. At 3:30 a.m., I woke up to use the bathroom. I noticed that I had this odd pain in my right side of my stomach. But I went back to bed and tossed and turned and tossed and turned and around 6, got up again to use the bathroom and noticed the pain was worse. I tried to ignore it and go back to sleep. By 7, I was hurting so bad I was crying and Allen was calling my doctor's emergency number. Neither of us knew what was going on, only that it had been going on for over 3 hours. I didn't think I was in labor but then again, I don't know what being in labor feels like. I just know it hurts and this hurt!!! But it was in my side so I was pretty sure I wasn't having little Corbin just yet.

Of course, the doctor said what I expected; take some Tylenol. They said I could have pulled a muscle or something like that. I had no idea pulled muscles hurt like that! I still can't believe that's what it is but anyway......I put a heating pad on my side, took some Tylenol and laid back down. I dozed off for another 2 hours and when I woke up, the pain had went away some. So, I got up and got dressed and Allen and I, and our two girls, headed to Bethel.

We got to church like 5 minutes late and had to sit on the second row!!! I never sit in the front in church. I'm a Baptist, ya know!! But it was a good thing since I had to get up in the middle of church to use the bathroom. I hadn't even been there for 15 minutes when the stupid side pain came back. It wasn't as bad this time but it was bad. I couldn't even stand up to sing. At the end of church, walking back to the car, it hit me full force and I couldn't hardly walk. Allen helped me to the car and into my grandma's house.

I thought it would go away soon so I snuck into my grandma's room and laid on her couch while everyone else was getting ready for lunch. She was in her bathroom changing and when she came out, she saw me on the couch holding my side in tears. LOL She probably thinks I'm the biggest baby but I'm telling you, it hurt!!!! It was like that for at least an hour. But after a while it went away and I just had an ache the rest of the day. It never came back. So I did eventually get to enjoy Mother's Day.

I love my grandma. She's awesome. My momma is giving me a baby shower this Saturday. It's weird because who is she going to invite??? And it's weird because we are just starting to get to know one another and I am having trouble adjusting. My grandma raised me. She's my momma. My real mom invited my grandma and my aunts to the shower and they were going to go but have other things going on and can't. Mama Ruth  is refusing to go without my aunts. And her reasoning was funny. My mom is not my grandma's favorite person. Not only did she break her son's (my dad's) heart, she has broken my heart time and time again. I don't think my grandma fully believes she's changed. But even thinking that, she is somewhat happy that my mom and I have a relationship now. And she understands why I'm allowing her in my life after so many years. But anyway, my grandma said she hadn't seen my mom in 28 years, why would she want to see her now?? Truly, I think Mama Ruth wants to go but I think she's scared of going without "backup." But I need some backup too so I'm a little worried about none of my family being there and I'll be at a shower with a bunch of people I don't know. But Allen's going so it'll be okay. But, Mama Ruth is sending a present! LOL She wants to make sure my mom knows she got me a present! And she already showed it to me and I'm excited. It's 2 UNC outfits for the baby! See, she's awesome and I love her so much!

Anyway, we spent the rest of our afternoon with Allen's mom. Luckily, I felt okay during our time there and we got to spend time with Allen's parents and 2 of our nephews. I know Allen enjoyed getting to see them.

So Mother's Day was awesome and Corbin even got me a cute little froggy. Not sure how he did that but I like it, nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment