Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Another twist, another turn

Just when I accept one part of my fate, something happens and I have to readjust. But it's all good. Things will work out as God intends and I'm just going to let it happen as it happens. It's going to be hard because I'm a planner and don't like surprises but I can't plan everything and I accept that.

On another note, I only have 4 more weeks before the baby comes! Holy tornado! I'll be a momma in 4 weeks. What the heck am I gonna do? The baby's room isn't done still but God willing, it will be soon, VERY SOON I HOPE. I mean, we only have 4 more weeks.

I have 3 showers over the next week. Saturday, my momma is throwing us a shower. It's a little awkward since our relationship has just begun but I'm happy she's trying to hard to make up for lost time. I still have trouble looking at her as my momma and I probably always will but I think eventually, our relationship will be a little better and I'll be able to somewhat forgive her for the 28 years she wasn't around. It's complicated and I know my dad and grandmother, or any of my family for that matter, may not understand but I have this bitter hatred in my heart and I believe God wants me to forgive her and move on and I can't do that without having a relationship with her. But she will never take my dad's place or my grandma's place. They are my parents and they always will be. I never thought I'd see the day where we even had a relationship so I'm grateful that God has came into her heart and touched it and made her a better person. And I hope he continues to teach me how to forgive.

My BPW group is throwing me a shower on Monday, at least I think. I got an email saying they were. And my work is throwing me one on Friday. I'm touched so many people want to share in this experience. I've had so many people ask about the baby when I'm out and about and there have even been some who have brought presents.

One lady that I had met only once hand knitted Corbin a little blue blanket. It's really nice and I was so touched that she took the time to do it. Another lady bought Corbin a bunch of outfits. And then someone else I know through work gave me a bunch of stuff that she had with her babies, even a really nice stroller carseat combo. I really am humbled that so many people have been so sweet to Allen and I. We need all the help we can get! I am so appreciative for everything; the gifts, the well wishes, everything! It makes me so glad I live in such a great place and work with such great, caring people.

No comments:

Post a Comment