Thursday, May 12, 2011

Monster baby

So, I have a headache. It's called a stress headache. I get them when I get worried about something, like obsessively worried. So what am I worried about? Giving birth to a gigantic, monster baby.

Yes, a monster baby.

Childbirth frightens me anyway. I still find it hard to believe a woman's body can do the whole childbirth thing but women do it everyday and that's what has gotten me by. But now, I'm 4 weeks away from trying this childbirth thing for myself and I find out I have a giant baby.

Today was my last doctor's appointment before I start going every, single week. And today, they had to do some of their typical testing to ensure I don't have anything I can pass on to the baby. So I went to the doctor a little freaked out anyway because I don't like to be touched or groped by doctors. Prior to the uncomfortable testing, the lady, who was really nice by the way, feels my stomach and measures it. She's feeling to see if she can feel where the baby is. Then she asks Allen and I how big we were when we were born. Allen said he was like 8 pounds and 21 inches long. I couldn't remember so I told her I didn't know. Well, then the lady said that my little Corbin seems to be mighty big, adding that I have 4 weeks left for him to grow some. She decides that at my next appointment, we'll get an ultrasound done so we can just how big he is. He could just be the position he was in, she said, but they'll do an ultrasound to be sure. I was in such shock, I failed to ask what exactly him being big meant. Obviously, to me, being big means a lot of pain for me!

Now, I'm worried. I probably shouldn't be but I am. The doctor isn't going to tell me she's worried about his size and worried something is wrong so I wonder if there's something wrong. But even still, if he's a big ole monster baby, then I am in for a fun filled time of pushing this little baby out. And of course, this was all done AFTER I told her I wanted to try to give birth WITHOUT MEDICATIONS!!!! OH good Lord, imagine, giving birth to a gorilla without being drugged up. What was I thinking!?!?

So now, I'm freaking out about how big this little boy is inside of me. I'm excited that I get another ultrasound though because I get to see my little baby but at the same time, if he's ginormous, I may cry, like seriously cry.

My thoughts are that he's really not big in weight per say, but he's actually just really long. Our first ultrasounds, which were done in February, showed he had really long legs so I imagine that's still the case. He probably just has long legs and because of that, he's stretched out in my belly, from the bottom of my bladder to the very tip top of my rib cage. So it is very possible that he's not BIG, he's just tall, like his daddy and his granddaddy.

But nonetheless, I have a headache thinking about how horrible childbirth could be if I had to give birth to a sumo wrestler baby. That would not be a good first-time experience for me and it may cause me to say, "no more kids ever!" and that sucks because we do want at least one more!

OH well, I can't go back now so I better get used to it and get ready because if he is a big and tall baby, in another week or so, his foot could be coming out of my  nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment