Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Still a boy, a really big boy

So, I went to the doctor this morning and discovered two things; 1, Corbin is still a boy! and 2, Corbin looks like a sumo wrestler.

Now, I would have bet my life that my little boy wasn't a fat baby, that he was just long legged. The first ultrasounds we had showed that he was really long. He had his daddy's legs, his daddy's nose, etc, etc. He truly looked like Allen. And even though that was months ago, I never imagined he could change so much! So today, when they pulled up the ultrasound and there was this fat little face staring back at me, I was shocked!! I couldn't really tell if he's still long legged because he was scrunched up and I never got a full profile view of him but his face definitely caught up with the big nose he had! Now he has a little, cute nose and a big face!

I still love him though, even if he may kill me during labor.

Seriously, Corbin is still a healthy little boy. The doctor said he's just measuring a little big. But, he said I have a lot more amniotic fluid around him that typical so that could make him measure larger. But looking at him, I don't think so. I think I just have me a big ole, fat, healthy baby! The doctor said he is 7 pounds and 12 ounces and with 3 more weeks to go and the potential to gain half a pound a week, he could get pretty close to 9 pounds! Oh my!

But the first thing that crossed my mind when we first saw his face was that he looked like my dad. Allen thought so too because that's the first thing he said. But after the initial shock, which was like hours later, we started to look closer and we can sort of see both of us in him. But we still see my dad! My dad was a chunky little boy, a miniature sumo wrestler. My dad is still a big fella today and well, Corbin's mom isn't exactly model material. But MAN, I was hoping Corbin got his dad's tall and skinny genes. There's still a chance. I mean, he's a baby and most baby's are chunky. All they do is eat and sleep! But poor Corbin, Allen is going to be forcing him to crawl at just a few weeks old to ensure he's active. I can see it now! Poor Corbin, my big ole baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment