Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Csections

So, in the end of this long journey, Corbin Nicholas Clark was born via a csection. After pushing and trying for him to come out naturally for what felt like days, I was pretty upset about having a csection. Though they are quick and the actual procedure isn't all that painful, you can't hold your child after he is born for a while. And the recovery period is longer. My recovery period has been hell.

The first few days, I couldn't even get out of bed without Allen's help. I couldn't go to the bathroom without Allen's help. I hurt so bad I just wanted to lay in bed and never get up. I was upset I couldn't take care of the child I had just carried for 9 months and even more upset that all the responsibility of taking care of both me and Corbin fell on my husband. That's a lot for anyone. I felt pretty helpless.

Now, 2 weeks after delivery, I discovered a hard knot around my csection incision. So I go to the doctor and find out I have an infection. It hurts and what they are doing to me to heal the infection hurts worse. I'm angry. I've been through enough pain and suffering. Seriously. Do I look like I want some more?

So how did I get an infection? I don't know. But I do know that it sucks and I'm ready for this whole recovery period to be over. I'm tired of being in pain and tired of not being able to 100% take care of my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment