Friday, September 9, 2011

No water, no money

So last week, my water stopped working. I had gone the day before without taking a shower and had just done the little bird bath thing, doing a quick wash off because I was running behind. So the next morning, I get up and go to turn on the water for the shower. As I'm letting the water heat up, I step out and peek in to look at Corbin, who Allen is feeding in our bedroom. All of a sudden, I don't hear the water running anymore. When I go to check, there's no water.

Allen goes to check and while he's looking, I'm pouring water from a jug into a pot to boil for another bird bath. By then, my hair is quite nasty looking and I could definitely use a good shower. Allen comes back in and tells me he thinks something is just clogged, that he'll try to look at it that day while Corbin is napping.

I get a phone call later that day telling me our water pump is bad. However, he thinks it could just be something that came loose during the earthquake. But he has to dig it up and water pumps are far, far down in the earth. So, 200 feet of water line stuff later, Allen gets the water pump up and we find out it's not just a simply thing that's come unloose. The whole pump is bad. So, we have to buy a new one and they are not cheap.

So we go all weekend without water and I'm freaking out because at this point, we can't really afford an endeavor such as this one. We actually go to Bethel so Allen can do some work for my dad and I take our clothes down and wash them at my grandmas. And, thank God for my dad, because he helped us get a new water pump. Granted, with everything he's helped us with, I'll be owing him money for the rest of my life but nonetheless, Allen got the water pump in, with the help of my dad and Jonathan, my cousin's husband. So, now we have water and it is awesome! And I love my family for being there for me when I need them.

You never realize how much you need water until you can't have it! I now love water and I will drink my fair share for as long as I shall live. And, I promise to shower more too.

No comments:

Post a Comment