Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend to remember

So this past weekend was a great one, possibly the first great weekend I've truly had in a long time. It was a weekend of nothing but fun stuff!

On Saturday, Allen was recruited to work with my cousin's husband on a side job he had gotten. So me and Corbin decided to head up to the Raleigh area and spend the day with her. We spent the day shopping and just hanging out. We had Corbin and I was worried it would be a very stressful day, taking a baby shopping but in the end, Corbin was a perfect little angel. I am so blessed to have such a good baby. He's happy in pretty much any environment. As long as he gets food when he's hungry and changed when he's got a dirty diaper, he's a happy little boy! And if Corbin's happy, I'm happy! We went to the Farmer's Market in Raleigh and then just went shopping. I finally got my hair cut too!

On Sunday, we went to church in Nashville. We went to a church that we've been to once before and we both liked it. They have a good mix of folks there. We're looking for something that doesn't just meet on Sunday and Wednesday. We want a church with a good children's ministry but also other ministries that can help Allen and myself. Allen thinks this is the church he wants to go to. I like it too but there's one or two more churches I'd like to try first. But, we agreed that we'd go here consistently for a few weeks and then maybe try another church.

The message yesterday was really good and it gave me a lot to think about.

After church, we had lunch and then Allen and I had to go shopping to run some errands. It took a while to do our errands but we finally made it home, we rested a bit and then we packed up the dogs and Corbin and went to Medoc Mountain State Park to go on a short hike.

The dogs have been so neglected the past 5 months. They've been good sports though so we decided we'd do something special for them. They used to be the center of attention and now, it's Corbin so I know it's been a difficult transition for them but they have been great. They are a part of our family too and once Corbin is older, we plan to take the dogs with us a lot of places. So, we decided to go the park and see how they did. They did okay. They are fairly well behaved dogs. Allen is very strict on them and he disciplines them a lot. Because they are pit bulls, we have to be extra strict because, well, people are stupid. Just looking at our dogs freaks people out. So, we have to make sure they behave in public because it's our responsibility to show people the true pit bull. We have some work to do with our dogs. They aren't but they are very curious and they get super excited when they see other people and other animals and of course, they're excitement to other people looks like viciousness. So, we have to socialize them a little better. But during our hike, they did good. Allen had Corbin in one of those little kangaroo packs and he took Abby. And I carried a backpack and handled Sheba. We had a good walk and the girls seemed to enjoy it. I wish we could make our trips to Medoc Mountain a routine Sunday thing!!

These are the type of weekends I love, weekends of just laying back and hanging out with my family. They remind me of how lucky I am to have such a great family!

No comments:

Post a Comment