Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New bathroom

So, I mentioned earlier that Corbin and I spent the weekend at Mama Ruth's. The reason we did that was twofold. One, we wanted to spend time with Mama Ruth. But two, Allen and his dad made plans to remodel our bathroom.

The bathroom has been in the works for a while. We started tearing down stuff in there, which we are really good at, but we haven't put anything back. But finally, we decided that we just had to do it. Our bathroom was gross. Being an old house, bathrooms are usually the worst room in the house. That was definitely the case in our house.

Initially, we wanted to gut the whole bathroom and completely rearrange the layout of it. But then, we decided to keep it simple and cheap. We were just going to replace the sheetrock on the walls and ceiling, paint it, put in a new toilet and sink, redo the floor and put in a new window and then of course, there was some more odd and end stuff.

So I left Friday and on Saturday, I discovered that Allen had decided, in tearing up stuff, that it wouldn't be that difficult to rearrange stuff the way we originally planned. Then we could have the bathroom we originally wanted. That's the good news. The bad news is I came home Sunday and my bathroom was not finished. In my opinion, it wasn't even CLOSE to being finished. I had to pee outside, if that tells you anything.

So, although I was excited about my new bathroom, I was a little worried that it would not get finished in a timely manner. And, I am still worried.

On Monday night, I came home and I did finally have water again and I could pee inside so that's definitely a plus. But I could not take a shower or bath.

Here's the picture. There is sheetrock covering all the walls and ceiling and this floor stuff covering the floor. But there's no paint on the walls, the walls haven't even been mudded yet and there is no floor down. There's no light. It's just a room with a toilet and a bathtub that can't be used yet.

SO, I'm a little concerned but I have to have a little faith that my husband will do this project much quicker than he does other projects. I can only go so long not taking a shower and peeing in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment