Monday, February 20, 2012

Ready or not, here March comes

So, I have nothing to report, well nothing exciting. Ok, I guess I do.

Allen's martial arts stuff gets going in March. It's really happening and I can't describe how I'm feeling right now. I'm happy for Allen. But I'm also a little nervous about things. I worry about how this will affect our family dynamic. I already never see my husband with my job and now with him doing his own thing, I wonder how that will work for us? I'm also nervous about the new role this will put me in. I have every idea that at some point, I'm going to get thrown into this whole thing and will have to help Allen. I don't mind it but I worry how I'll find the time to do it. Then I worry if this business venture will be successful enough that I may have to give up my own thing to help him? I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I love my job. There are days (weeks actually) that I wonder what the heck I'm doing in this type of business when I'm not exactly a social butterfly. So sometimes, I'm excited at the thought of putting this all behind me and joining forces with Allen to take on the martial arts world. But then there are times when I'm terrified at losing my own identity and giving up what I love so that Allen can do what he loves. Surely, there's a middle point here?

Oh yeah, let's not forget my whole fear of being surrounded by kiddos. I may end up helping Allen teach and kids in large bundles freak me out! FREAK ME OUT! OH good Lord, what am I going to do? My husband is opening a business that caters to scary, little people!?!?

So there's my dilemma(s).

But really, I'm happy for Allen and I sincerely hope and pray this business turns into exactly what Allen wants. He definitely deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment