Tuesday, April 17, 2012

So, Corbin is just over a month away from the big FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!!!

How time flies!

It truly does seem like yesterday that I was in the hospital trying my hardest to get that child out of me!

Since I've never had a kid before, this is my first first birthday and I'm already stressed about it. I don't know what to do!

What do you do for a kid's first birthday?? It's a big deal but really, does he even understand it??

Anyway, we've decided to do a pool party for Corbin. My aunt has a nice underground pool and Corbin loves the water. He got his first taste of water of course during bath time but he went swimming for the first time when he was just over a month old, on the Fourth of July. He loves, loves, loves water so we thought he would enjoy being able to go swimming.

But the dilemma remains, how much do we do for his birthday? We have decided on the Elmo theme but it's not like Corbin has a ton of friends so how much Elmo do we do?

Another dilemma is how many parties do we have? We have a complication in that our families don't mesh together well. Actually, Allen's family doesn't mesh together well with anyone. But anyway, that's a whole different blog. So we have to figure out whether to have a party with my family and all our friends together and then do a separate party with Allen's family or just do one party and leave his family out. It's really a lot of trouble to have two parties and it really pisses me off that we can't be like normal families and have one big party. But, I can't handle the stress of Allen's family being around my family. They cause too much drama and I don't feel the need to put my family through it. I already have to deal with it enough on my own.

Anyway, I'm dealing with that issue on top of the usual stress of planning a party. But I'm excited about Corbin's birthday. I'm a little sad too. My little boy is becoming a big boy way too fast.

We have planned to take Corbin to the NC Zoo on his actual birthday. We are going to drive up in the morning and spend the day at the zoo. We may even spend the night but we're still deciding on that. I can't wait to take a trip as a family. I love doing family things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment