Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Yay for adoption!

So, my cousin recently shared the news with me that she and her husband have decided to try and adopt a bi-racial child. The child is a special needs child. She has down syndrome and some other things as well but I'm not sure all the details about those.

I love this cousin soooo much. She's like a sister to me and has always been there for me, no matter what. She knows ALL my dirty, little secrets and has seen way more than she probably wanted to of my body (she was in the room with Allen and I when I had Corbin!). She's my motivator and ncourager and I know I can always go to her for anything in this world.

I've always pictured her with a houseful of little kids and not kids that were necessarily her biological ones but a houseful of little adopted kids, kids of every color, gender, etc., etc. She's just that nurturing type of person.

I've prayed for her off and on over the past few years because I know having children is something she wanted so bad and surely, God would give her one day. I mean, he gave me a kid and look at me. But a kid hasn't happened for them yet, at least not the natural way.

I don't know all the details about what they have tried or even if they can have kids and I suppose if I did, I would not share that here because that is a private thing. But I did know she had been trying for a few years now and I never really saw her discouraged. I know she was, who wouldn't be, but she always had a positive attitude. That's what makes her so special.

Anyway, imagine my surprise when I picked up the phone to call her and eventually, when we finally had the time to chat, she told me she'd been really busy because she's trying to adopt a kid! I just about passed out!!! Then, I cried but she doesn't know that because I tried to hide it! My tears were purely out of complete and utter happiness for her. I'm not sure but I've become an emotional woman in my old age! I cry over everything!

This little girl is just a few months old. As I said, she's biracial and she has some health problems but I know my cousin can handle the responsibility because she is the most God-fearing, loving, nurturing person I know. And, we have a great family who I know will support her in whatever she needs.

I pray and I pray and I pray that this adoption will come through for her and her husband. They deserve it and I can't think of anyone who would be better parents to this little girl. Please pray with me!

1 comment:

  1. I gave you the Liebster! Check it out here: http://www.sabersspursandapinkstetson.com/2012/04/liebster-love.html

    ReplyDelete