Friday, March 30, 2012

Burnt out

I've felt rather blah the last day or so. I don't know what it is but I get like this sometimes. I just have days where I'm down and I have no idea why. I just want to crawl in bed and sleep until I feel chipper again.

Work has been getting to me lately. I'm just not feeling it anymore. I'm tired of writing and interviewing. My brain is exhausted from thinking of new ways to write the same things over and over and over again. I have no motivation to do stories anymore and it's getting harder and harder for me to proficiently produce 10 or more stories every week. I just want to be home with my family.

This newspaper thing can be awesome. I get to do some pretty cool stuff. I enjoy having something different to do everyday. But it can suck too. There's stuff going on at night, on weekends and in between and many times people call and tell me about them at the last minute and I have to drop my life and do it. It used to irritate me but now it pisses me off. I have a family and I don't want to give up my family nights and weekends to cover stuff, especially at the last minute. I'm thankful that even though I work nights and weekends some, I can make up for it by taking off during the day but it just doesn't feel the same.

I guess I'm burnt out.

It's hard to believe doing this newspaper thing for 9 years now. Some days, I can see myself doing this forever and others, I can't see me doing it for another year. Who knows what will happen in the end but what in the world would I do if I wasn't writing for a newspaper?

No comments:

Post a Comment