Thursday, December 13, 2012

Still pregnant, still miserable

Well, I'm down to 8 days now and I'm still hanging in there.

My family's Christmas is this weekend so I'm hoping I can hold off at least for that. Plus, I'm still trying to get some stuff done at work so that I'm not laying on a table in the hospital getting ready to be cut open wondering if I forgot to do a story for the newspaper.

But, I'm so ready for this to be over.

Anyway, I am clumsy person so when I made it to 8 months pregnant without falling down, I felt like I had accomplished something! But then, it happened. I fell down. Dang it! I had almost made it. And then, this week, I fell down again! Dang it!

Falling down when you are pregnant is a terrifying feeling but the further along you are, the more terrifying it is. As you are falling, you are contemplating which way to turn so that you don't hurt the baby and most of the time, you don't hurt the baby but you do hurt yourself. So, I've been hurting since my fall. The baby is all wiggly and jiggly still so he's okay but man, I am not feeling so hot. My back hurts, my lower stomach hurts and I swear, I need to wear bubble wrap the next week.

Even though I'm ready for this to be over, I do have some sad feelings about it. This could very well be my last pregnancy. I had hoped for a family of 3 kids but Allen seems content with two and after this last pregnancy, I'm not sure I am up for another round. Plus, even if I could convince Allen to go for a third, there's a 50/50 chance a third kid would be a boy. I'd probably die if I found out we were having ANOTHER BOY. Holy crap, three boys would send me to a special place. A really special place.

So, I guess we'll see. But the reality is, this could be the last time I have a little baby in my belly kicking and moving around. That is definitely the greatest feeling ever. And I will miss that. This little one has been very active the past month or so. He wasn't very active at first but all of a sudden, he's wiggling and jiggling everywhere. I love to lay down and watch my tummy move about. It's a great feeling and despite the other horrors this pregnancy has brought, seeing him move about makes it all better.

I'm excited about meeting him, him as in Devin. That's what we are naming him. We just decided a few weeks ago so I guess I can start calling him that now. I wonder if he'll be like Corbin or if he'll be the complete opposite. I secretly hope he's more like me. Corbin is like his daddy so it's only fair that Devin is like me. I imagine a little blonde, hair, blue eyed boy. But, if he's not, that's okay too.

Even though I'm super ready for this one to hold out, I do hope he makes it to the 21st. That's the date he's been given and I think it would be neat to actually be able to do this without the craziness of "OMG, my water broke, we have to go NOWWWW!"

The thought of a c-section is not fun. I mean, the whole fun of being pregnant is that OMG feeling when you find out you are in labor. But since my body is not allowing me to give birth naturally and I have to have a c-section, I would like it to be all nice and planned out. I'd like to show up on the 21st, get this little boy out of me and live happily, ever after. Besides, the 21st is Allen's birthday and I think it's super special we are having Devin on his birthday. So, I'd like to make it to the 21st. Eight more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment