Friday, February 15, 2013

I'm a wannabe cool mommy

Unfortunately, I am not a very organized person. I want to be, I really do, but let's face it, I'm not. And it reflects in my parenting skills.

One of my goals for this year is to change that

I want to be a cool mommy that does cool things with her kids. I want to come up with cute little crafts to do with Corbin and Devin and make them cute little food snacks in the shapes of things.

Working full-time makes it extremely hard to do those things. But I'm going to try hard to at least come up with things we can do once a week, maybe on weekends.

Allen stays home with the boys and as a man, he's not very good at multi-tasking. He cannot do the whole keeping the house clean and watching the boys thing. It's one or the other. He is, however, improving and he can do some chores during the week. One night this week, he actually cooked me dinner and it was ready when I got home! I didn't have to help any so he is getting much better at things. Men also are not prone to have "craft time." I've joked with Allen that if we had a little girl, he'd have to have tea parties and all that stuff! Luckily though, he gets two boys, so he can do man things with them. He has agreed that if I find some things for them to do, he'll try it. So I'm hoping to find some manly type craft things for Allen to do with Corbin during the week. Allen loves to build and Corbin loves anything Allen loves so I'm sure we can come up with something!

Anyway, this week, I was at my grandma's visiting. Corbin and I decided to make some cookies and I actually let him help. You have to really loosen up when you let a kid help you cook. You can't freak out when they want to lick their fingers or taste whatever it is you are cooking. So when Corbin tried to eat the cookie dough instead of roll it up and put it on the pan, I bit my tongue and told him it was okay to taste what we were cooking because that was the perk of being the cook!!! However, I added that you have to still cook what you are cooking and not eat all the dough. He seemed to think that was fair and he put little cookie dough balls on the pan. And at the end, he licked the bowl. That was the best thing ever, to be able to interact with Corbin that way and him listen and follow directions. It's really the simple things in life that make you so stinking happy as a parent!

So I'm meeting my goal of being a better mommy. But I still have a long ways to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment