Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Two years have flown on by

So next week, on Thursday, I will officially have a two-year-old.

I am still in denial about the whole deal. It makes me want to cry, which is not unusual considering my state of mind lately. But anyway.....

This weekend, we are having his birthday party. We decided to have it at this little horse farm down the road from our house. It's called A Chance on the Farm. They are a non-profit organization that does things for youth that may not have a chance to experience the farm life, so to speak. They hold events on occasion and we had a chance to go to one about two months ago. Corbin loved it so much, we decided to do his birthday party there.

I'm excited about the party. I think Corbin will love it. I'm nervous too. Last year, I got away with having a very minimal party for him and we didn't bring the two families together. This year, both families are coming as well as a few friends. I hope and I pray things go well.

But anyway, in planning for the party, I've had to do some photo digging and boy, has it made me sad. My little boy is growing up and I just can't believe how fast time flies! I can't believe it's been two years already! I love looking at photos of him over the past two years. But it's sad because the little baby years are gone and I miss them so much!

But, I'm proud too. Corbin is developing and so curious.He amazes me at how fast he catches on to things. I know I am whining over him growing up but I can't wait until I can sit down and have conversations with him. I think he'll be pretty awesome to talk to. He already is!

Corbin is like his dad a lot. He loves to be outside, loves to be doing something all the time and he cannot, absolutely cannot, stay in one place at any time. He needs to be busy.

Corbin loves animals. He loves Spiderman. He loves horses. He loves to watch The Little Engine that Could. He loves temper tantrums!

Really, Corbin loves everything!

And I love Corbin.

There are days when I feel like the worst mother in the world. I especially feel that way right now. But there are also those rare days I feel like I've at least done a little something right with Corbin. He is, after all, still alive. So obviously Allen and I have done something right.

I love when that child gives me a kiss. I love when he laughs. I love that he's finally learning to say momma. I love it when he says, "AMEN!" The list goes on and on and on. I just love that little boy to death. Even when he slaps me, kicks me, hits me, bites me, throws food on the floor, dumps his entire bucket of crayons out (that list goes on and on too).

I'm pretty sure I'll love him forever and always, no matter what.

I know, because I already do.

No comments:

Post a Comment