Thursday, September 12, 2013

Mirrors in gyms

So, it's been maybe 6 weeks since I started working out and the first thing I will say is that my butt is still the same size as it was 6 weeks ago, as is my stomach and everything else. So, in regards to losing weight, it's not happening.

But, I do feel better when I work out so that's a plus.

Part of the problem is finding the time to go to the gym. My job is demanding and so are my kids. Sometimes it seems I am doing something horrible when I make time for myself to go to the gym. So I'm lucky if I can go 2 times a week.

There's no set time for my gym schedule. I go when I can. Sometimes that's early in the morning. Sometimes it's on my lunch break and other times, it's after work. I go when I can.

I try to go when no one else is there because I'm self conscious and I do not want people look at my jiggly body parts when I'm exercising.

This week, I was all alone and I felt pretty good about my little 11 minute walk on the treadmill. At the five minute mark, the treadmill speeds up for 2 whole minutes and I'm at a very super fast walk. This time, I decided that since I was alone and no one could see me if I went flying off the treadmill, I'd do a little jog. And that's what I did. I started jogging and I jogged for a whole minute and a half. Then I noticed the mirror directly in front of me and I stopped.

So, I got to thinking, who the heck puts mirrors in gyms? And WHY? Who wants to look at themselves working out?? I sure don't! It's disgusting and it doesn't do much to motivate me.

I've always hated mirrors. They freak me out. When I was young girl, someone told me that bloody mary story. If you haven't heart of it, you look in a mirror and say "Bloody Mary" three times and something really scary happens. Bloody Mary has traumatized me for life! Bloody Mary and that Devil Went Down to Georgia Song. If you want to make me scream like a little sissy girl, those two will do it. Seriously.

So any mirror that is large in size is my enemy and I do not like it. But not only that factor, the whole watching yourself work out is just weird to me. I don't understand how even the most in shape, skinniest person in America would want to see themselves work out. I am pretty sure I make some awesome faces when I am lifting weights. So no thanks on sticking a mirror in front of my face while I try to rid my body of fat rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment