Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow day and Scholarships

It's been snowing off and on today, which is kind of a rare treat for folks here in Eastern North Carolina. And of course, as is tradition, most everything is shut down, with the exception of course of the newspaper because it always seems to snow on Monday and Tuesday, days that I absolutely cannot miss, no matter what. But I made it here okay and am hoping to make it home just as safely. 

But in other fun news, I did manage to make a little progress on Jennifer's scholarship stuff. I've fought within myself about putting together a scholarship for Jennifer at ECU. It would be in the ECU music department. I got the idea right after she died but have had trouble wrapping my mind around the reality of actually doing it. But it's a great way to honor Jennifer so I've finally got the first draft of my letter done. Now, I'm waiting to hear back from the woman at ECU who is supposed to provide me some info on how to go about getting money and everything. I don't want to have thousands of dollars just laying around before I know where to put it. I emailed her last week. I'm a little worried since I have not heard from her yet. I just need to keep my mind focused and get this done, no matter what. I think Jennifer would have liked to have something like this so it's my way of honoring and remembering her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment