Tuesday, November 2, 2010

9 weeks and still counting

So I'm almost officially 9 weeks pregnant. I'm excited because that means I'm closer to my 10-week appointment, where hopefully *cross your fingers,* I'll be able to get a first glimpse of the baby. 

Luckily, the morning sickness has gone away for the most part. I still have days where I feel bad and there are times I still throw up but at least it's not constant so I'm happy about that. I am still tired all the time though and my back is already killing me. I can't imagine what that will be like in a few more months! 

Allen continues his extreme work on our house, to get it ready for the baby. He's moving along fairly well but of course, financially, it's going to be hard to do all this stuff at once. But we've decided to just pray about it and let God handle it. 

Allen has been really funny about this baby. He's so excited. It's really sweet the way he's acting. I never realized how much he wanted a baby and I certainly didn't realize how happy it'd make him to be having one. He's always rubbing my stomach (even though I'm not really showing that much yet) and he is spoiling me a bit. I admit, I like it. Last night, he put his head on my stomach and swore he could hear a very faint heartbeat. I don't know if he could or not but who am I to deny his pleasure of thinking so? I've put my hands on my stomach and swear I feel things too but I'm pretty sure it's too early to be able to feel it unless you have a doctor's tool or something. But it's exciting just to think about getting to see the baby on our first ultrasounds next week. I can't wait! 

In other news, prayers are still needed for my Uncle Dean. I sat with him on Friday and Sunday and he was doing okay when I saw him. In fact, we thought he was getting better but he started slipping on Sunday evening. He's not doing well now. I hope that he starts to improve again so he get better and come home. I know he's got a long road ahead of him but he's a fighter and I think he can get through this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment