Friday, November 5, 2010

Exhausted

How can you grow a healthy baby inside of you when you are too busy to take time to rest? That's the question of the day.

It's 10:30 on Friday night. I've been off work for an hour but now I am helping Allen with his school work. He's frustrated because he doesn't understand and quite frankly, I'm too tired to help him. So I'm just sitting here watching him get really pissed off. I just don't have the energy to help. I tried and helped some but I don't know anything about Excel. I mean really, I was in college like a decade ago.

I've already put in over 50 hours this week at work. I have to work tomorrow too. And Sunday is full as well. Next week, though it doesn't look as bad as this week was, will be another long week. I really don't know how much more of this exhausting schedule I can take.

People keep telling me I need to make sure I get plenty of rest while I'm pregnant. That's easier said than done and I wish I could adhere to those suggestions but being pregnant doesn't entitle me to 8 months of vacation time. But I do agree, things are going to have to change a bit, especially later on.

I can't continue running myself ragged. I can't do anything that will jeopardize the health this little baby. I would never forgive myself. But I do have a job and I need to keep it and any other time, I'd be quite happy about all the overtime but right now, I just want to crawl in bed and sleep for a few days.

I hope to lounge around tomorrow after I work but I know I probably won't. I have a house to clean and a family to look after. But maybe I can at least get a nap in.

If I'm this busy now, I can't imagine how my life will be once we actually have the baby. I need a nap just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment