Thursday, November 4, 2010

November is turning into an exhausting month

This week has really wore me out. I'm either getting old or being pregnant really does a number on you. I can't work those long hours like I used to. 

Elections were this week so on Tuesday, we worked like a 16-hour day. On Wednesday, I was pretty sure I was going to pass out on my desk. I made it through but I'm still exhausted and feel like I could sleep for the next 7-8 months. The rest of the week was pretty exhausting too as I had something almost every night. But the week is almost over so if I can just get through it, I'll be good. 

I haven't felt to hot this week either. Aside from being tired, I just feel icky. I'm not throwing up but I just feel bad. I really want to crawl in bed and sleep. I'm probably just wore out. It's been a very crazy week and I've been on the go non-stop. I wish I could say it's going to slow down but it's not. I have to work on Saturday for a bit and then on Sunday, Allen and I are going back to Bethel to sit with Uncle Dean in the hospital. Then Allen has some things to do there so we'll be down that way for a while. Looks like November is going to be very tiring! 

Allen is continuing to push forward on the house. He's been busy this week and hadn't gotten to work on it much but he's still gotten a lot done. He put a wall up a week or so ago and has been working on tearing down the old wall. He did most of that this week. One night this week, I went to bed around 9:30 and was woke up by Allen around 12:30. He was playing with his phone and had searched for what a 10-week baby looked like. So he woke me up to show me what the baby looks like in its 10th week. I rolled over and looked at it and said, "Allen, I'm only 9 weeks" and I took the phone away from him and clicked back to 9 weeks and said, "wow, it has a head and little feet and toes" and rolled over and went back to sleep. HA! I know, it sounds insensitive but I was tired!!!! 

Allen is still his usual, lovely self. One morning this week, I woke up and went to the bathroom, which I do several times throughout the night, and I realized it was time to soon wake up so when I came back to bed, I sat on the edge of the bed and reached over to pet Domino, who was laying on the far edge of the bed and I guess I reached too far because I pulled something in my stomach. Allen started freaking out and told me I needed to be more careful. Um, ok, I'll never reach for anything ever again. Weirdo. It's going to get worse too. I can't wait. 

It's cute, right now, but I can imagine after several months of his paranoia, it'll get annoying. But at least he cares and is excited about the baby so I'm not complaining at all. 

But anyway, we're still counting down until Thursday, November 11. That's when we go to the doctor again and hopefully, get our first glance at the baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment