Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Say no to stress

Well as hard as I've tried, I cannot seem to just be stress-free. I guess there's just too much going on. 

I have a ton of thoughts in my head right now, many of them not even related to being pregnant. I worry about a lot of things that really, I have no control over and then I worry about things that I can control and I wonder if I'm doing the right thing. 

I know stress is not good for the baby but I'm just a natural worry wart. I have always been like this and things are just kind of tough right now for me and I'm having a hard time dealing with things. 

But, today, I am 12 weeks pregnant. I'm nearing the second trimester which is exciting and God knows I hope I'm nearing the stage where I'm not sick anymore. I have about enough of sick. 

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to spending time with my family. I cherish, as much as I can, the time I get to spend with my Mama Ruth. She's 82 and I know that she won't live forever so I want to spend as much time with her as I can while I can. We'll be heading to her house for lunch and then going to Allen's for dinner. I pray for a drama-free Thanksgiving. Sometimes, with Allen's family, that is hard. For some reason, it's always hard for his family to get along on any holiday but a lot of the family doesn't even come around anymore so there's very few of us left so maybe this year will be a peaceful holiday. 

I'm thankful for so many things. I'm thankful that my family gets along and in tough times, is there for each other. But I am also thankful for Allen's family too. They are different and it's taken me a while to adjust but I do love them and enjoy getting to spend time with them. I'm thankful that I have a husband that loves me and takes care of me. He's not perfect and he's made a lot of mistakes but I didn't go into our marriage expecting a perfect man. I'm not really sure one exists anyway??? :O) 

I'm thankful I have a roof over my head, even though it leaks and is an ugly green color! I'm thankful that I have something to drive to work everyday, even if it is ugly and is in dire need of  a paint job. I'm thankful I have a job and work with people that I can get along with 8 or more hours everyday 5 days a week. 

I'm thankful for my two girls, Abby and Sheba. They have made my life a lot less serious. 

I'm thankful that God is a forgiving person and that no matter how many times I screw up or stray, he's always there. I'm thankful I have family to always remind me of that!!! 

This year, I'm most thankful for the little, beautiful baby inside my tummy. He/she is the best thing Allen and I have ever done and I can't wait to see him/her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment