Monday, November 15, 2010

Still no ultrasound of the little one

So I made it through the doctor's appointment last week. It went well, sort of. 

I had hoped to have my first ultrasound that day but of course, that didn't happen. The doctor thought it was too early so I'll have to wait 4 more weeks. I just have to keep telling myself that patience is a virtue that I need to try to possess. 

This doctor's appointment was basically for my doctor to do a complete physical and make sure my body was good for birthing a baby. I suppose I passed that test, since he didn't say anything otherwise. 

I also was supposed to take a diabetes test. Since it runs in my family, they want to test me twice, once early on and then again when I am further along. To take the test, I have to drink this juice stuff one hour before my appointment. I had eaten lunch and about 30 minutes later, drank the juice. I went home to pick Allen up and right before we left for the doctor, I threw up. Yep, everything came out, lunch, juice and maybe some breakfast. It was pretty gross and I haven't thrown up like that in a while. I was not happy about it and of course because I threw it up, they couldn't do the test so I have to wait another month. 

The visit itself was pretty standard. It was like my yearly appointment, which I dread. The only difference this time was that Allen got to sit and watch the whole thing. Um, awkward. But the good news is, my uterus is growing!! That's about as exciting as it gets right now folks. 

I'm getting more and more used to being pregnant everyday. I'm drinking lots of water and even adding some milk in there, which I'm not fond of. And, I am laying off the caffeine. I still drink some every now and then but I am not drinking more than one soda or coffee a day. My belly continues to slowly grow although most people wouldn't notice. Since I am overweight anyway, it'll be a while before I really show. But Allen can tell I'm getting bigger in my belly and I can tell some too. That's all that matters really, right?? 

Though I am not growing drastically in my belly yet, I am growing "up top." I'm not all that excited about that because I don't need to grow any there. But I guess it's part of being pregnant so I have to deal with it. Allen finds that part pretty awesome but I do not. 

So anyway, here we are. I'm on the verge of 11 weeks and counting down the days again until I can finally this little baby growing inside of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment