Monday, January 24, 2011

Aches and pains and moms

This has been a tough past few days for me. I've been very lonely and in need of someone to talk to. I guess it has reminded me that I don't really have a "go to" person anymore nor do I have a mother to call to chat with about things going on right now.

I've never really felt deprived of my mother. There have been a few times I've wished I had one but for the most part, I've had other women figures in my life to fill in. But for some reason, right now, it's just not the same.

I would imagine other women would have their mothers calling them every other day to check on them, to check on the baby, and to offer them words of wisdom and comfort to ensure them everything they are going through is normal. That's what I need right now and that's what I don't have.

This weekend, I had something happen that terrified me. I was in bed on Friday night and I rolled over from my back to my side and all of a sudden, I had this horrendous pain in my stomach, on the side. It was a horrible pain and I immediately wondered what I just did. Well after the pain went away, I was sore the rest of the night and all the next day. But what concerned me the most was that after that, I couldn't feel the baby bouncing around anymore. I couldn't feel him moving or kicking and it scared me. Throughout the next day, I continuously was sore but off an on, I'd still get these sharp pains in my stomach, on the same spot on the side. It scared me so bad, I stayed in bed the rest of the weekend. I kept wondering what I would do if something were wrong, if I had done something to hurt the baby.

I finally got online and did a quick search for my symptoms and found that lots of pregnant women pull muscles in their stomach and it hurts like you know what. So I was somewhat comforted by that but of course, still worried. Then, on Sunday, Abby, my dog, was laying in bed with me when all of a sudden, she decided to get up and jump off the bed. She used the other side of my stomach as a trampoline and bounced off my stomach. That didn't feel so good either and it left me curled up in a ball holding my stomach in tears.

They say your baby is very much protected inside you so it would take a lot to actually hurt the baby but still, it's hard not to worry. I was aching and in pain the rest of the evening and still, I am hurting a little. All this is probably normal but it's hard not to worry when you don't have anyone to talk to about it and assure you that it's just growing pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment