Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A house full of kids

So, I have never really liked kids. They kind of freak me out, which is why I've never been 100% determined to immediately have kids after Allen and I were married.

I've never been one of those people that ooohed and ahhhed over babies. I don't like holding babies and when they look at me and laugh, it seriously freaks me out. Yes, I am a strange person. But that's just how I am.

It's amazing what pregnancy can do to you. I went from being scared of kids to being pregnant and now, all I can do is think about kids. I find myself thinking about how soon after Corbin is born are we going to wait to have another one. I've also been researching adoptions, just in case that's something we want to do. I mean, even the few times I've considered having kids, I only thought I'd have one or two but now I'm thinking maybe 3 would be nice. It's odd.

I'm still not running around trying to hold other people's kids and the other day when I had to take pictures at an elementary school, it still freaked me out but it was a little different. I feel myself slowly coming around.

Once we have this little baby, I guess we'll see if I still feel the same way. I mean, if I have to endure a 24 hour labor, I doubt I'll be all eager to jump in and do this all over again. But, if I go to the hospital and little Corbin pops out in like an hour and I don't feel the need to rip anyone's head off during labor, then I may want to do this all over again. In that case, we may end up with a house full of kids! Now that is scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment