Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Just a few more days before we make our rounds to the doctor and find out what gender this little baby is. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

On Wednesday, I go for my routine checkup. Friday is when we head to Raleigh for the "big appointment," appointment where the baby is thoroughly checked over to be sure there are no heart problems and/or other issues going on. That is also when we'll find out what we are having.

I wish I could say I had a feeling of what it was but I don't. If I was forced to guess, I'd guess that I was having a girl but I could be wrong. It's been very nerve wracking having to wait. I don't know how other parents can wait 9 whole months to find out because they want to be surprised! I could NEVER do that! I'm way too nosey. Plus, I'd like to be more prepared. Girls and boys are different and to me, there are different things you do to plan for each. For girls, daddy's get their gun cabinets well stocked, make sure the windows are nailed down and all that good stuff. For boys, well mommy's do the same thing!

I truly don't care what it is. I told Allen I was nervous about having a girl because since I grew up without a mother, I'm not sure I have much to offer a little girl, in terms of girly stuff. I can teach her how to play basketball, the trumpet and run in the mud but cheerleading, dance and all that stuff? Um no. I tried all that when I was a kid and I hated it! I'm scared to be a mother because I feel like I don't know how to be one, especially to a little girl. But hopefully it will come naturally.

If it's a little boy, I'm sure over time I'll start to be nervous about that as well. Boys like snakes and rats and things like that and to even think about the mean tricks a little boy and Allen could play on me, makes me want to cry. Allen is bad enough. He's always messing with something. Can I really handle another one??

Either way, I'm sure I'll be thrilled. I just want our kid to healthy and happy and whether it's a boy or a girl, I'm sure it's going to cause it's fair share of trouble. It is, after all, me and Allen's kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment