Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Music to its ears

I've started trying to play music for the baby and talk to it too. It's kind of weird talking to your stomach. I mean, I admit, I talk to myself in the car and maybe even at home, but to talk to my stomach, that just seems odd.

Allen talks to it too. He'll lean down and say, "hey little one" and all sorts of other things. We both agree that it would be nice to know what we are having so we can address it with a name or something instead of "hey you down there."

They say talking to your baby soothes it and gets it used to your voice. And playing music for him/her can make them smart. They even say if you have dogs, you should make your dogs bark some so the baby can get used to it and when it's born it'll be used to barking and will sleep right through it. When we get the dogs all excited, they bark so we'll have to do that more so the baby will be familiar with it.

This whole baby inside me is a very new, odd concept. But I feel different. I can't feel the baby yet, I haven't seen it but it's like from the moment, or close to it at least, that I became pregnant, I could tell there was something magical inside me. I just know it's there. I get worried every now and then because I can't feel it but then I realize that you just know. I feel like the baby is in there growing everyday and I feel like it's going to be a strong, healthy baby. I hope that on Friday, I am proven right.

 I can't wait to see the ultrasound of the little human that I've been carrying around the past 4 months. I'm sure it'll be a little emotional and surreal, for both Allen and myself. Time is slipping away so fast and before you know it, the baby will be here and life will change as we know it. I hope that I can continue to treasure the moments this little baby has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment