Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Almost there....

So, today I am 24 weeks. I guess that means I am 6 months, which means I have 3 more months to go! Oh boy. I'm ready but I'm not ready! We still haven't finished Corbin's room, much less the rest of our house. We have a long ways to go!!!

In other loveliness, Allen's martial arts stuff is moving forward, slowly but surely. He's having a mock class this weekend in Pitt County and I hope and pray people show up. So far, we haven't really had many people commit to it. But I'm hopeful it will all turn out in the end. This mock class will give him an idea of the # of students and will be a refresher for him I guess. Really, it's just to make us comfortable with moving forward with the real thing. We're charging people for this class when we do it in Nashville so we want to make sure we're giving people their money's worth! Allen and I are also continuing to work on his business plan as well. It's moving forward. Hopefully by the end of this month, we'll be done with it.

Allen is also making some progress on the job hunt. We've come to a point in our life where we are trying hard to get out of debt so we can raise our baby in a debt free home. I doubt we'll be out of debt by June but if we are at least better off than we are now, we'll be doing good. Obviously, we can't do it with me being the only one working full time so Allen is looking for a job to help us get rid of some debt and to help us move faster on working on the house, getting money saved up for his business and other stuff. I hope something comes up for him. We can't get this martial arts business going without something happening and the sooner it happens, the sooner his stuff can happen. I want it to happen for him so bad.

This has been a little scary for me. Our lives are a little different now with a baby on the way so we have to make sure we do things smarter. But Allen really truly believes this will work and if it does, I think it'll be good for the baby. It'll give us more flexible schedules so we can be with the baby more and not have to let him grow up so much in a daycare. I guess eventually, I see this as a happy little family business, where Allen and I will get to do things together and be with the baby as well. But we'll see. We'll let God lead us and see where He takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment