Friday, February 18, 2011

Good news and bad news....

Well I have good news and bad news to share this week. The good news is that Allen found a full-time job and will start Monday. We have prayed and prayed and prayed that something would happen. I hope this is what God sent his way and isn't some sort of trick. Neither Allen nor I can take on another crappy job that ends up laying him off in a few months. But we'll enjoy it while we can, I suppose. I hope this will help us get back on our feet a little more and get prepared for the baby's arrival.

I was hoping he'd find something closer to home and was also hoping he'd find a really good part-time job so he could continue working on the house but financially, I guess we really need the full-time job more. I just pray this job is good for him.

Most of the bad news is more than I want to share on the internet. But Allen and I have been dealing with a mistake that was made on our 2008 taxes for over a year. It was the first year we went to someone else to do our taxes and it was the biggest mistake we ever made. Now, we are paying for it. The person who did our taxes messed up something and because of this mistake, we owe back taxes. We would have paid them by now, except this "person" said they'd take care of it, then they never did. Then they again said they'd take care of it, paid half and then decided they didn't want to do the rest. So we're stuck with a hefty IRS bill that right now, we can't afford to pay. I am all for forgiving mistakes. But it pisses me off when people pull the whole "I'm a Christian" thing as their business motto and then turn around and lie and manipulate and don't act like a Christian. I have never been lied to by a company as much as I have by this company. And what's worse is that because of their little "I'm a Christian" act, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. It makes it hard to be a nice person but we're going to let it go and just deal with it ourself. But I have turned this company into the Better Business Bureau and will also be filing a complaint at the Attorney General's Office. If I had money falling out of trees, I'd sue this company just to make them spend lots of money fighting a lawsuit. I know that sounds bad but that's how ugly this company has been. Anyway, to top off everything else we've been dealing with, we have this on our hands too.

In other disappointing news, it looks like Allen's class this weekend won't happen. We didn't get a very good response. I wish I could say I'm surprised but I'm not. I was worried from the beginning but I guess we will move on from here. We aren't giving up but will just be readjusting our plans to get started. But we'll continue to pray about it and see what God tells us.

No comments:

Post a Comment