Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A new job for Allen

So Allen is officially in his first week at his new job. I'm happy for him and I hope that he likes it and that it turns out to be a good job for him. Allen's had a hard time with jobs over the past 10 years. He actually wants to work but the type of work he does is in places that suffer during bad economic times. I know he is so relieved to have found something. It's been hard for him not working. Men are weird about that type of thing. They want to work and provide for their families and when they can't they feel insignificant somehow. It's been really hard with Allen not working but he's found work and he worked part-time at the paper with me so he did what he could. That's all that really mattered to me. He also helped around the house, which really helped out a lot.

On the baby front, little Corbin seems to be doing fine. He moves around a lot and likes to kick me so I guess that is a good thing. Hopefully, we will get his room done soon. I hope so! I am so ready to see it finished so I can go sit in his room and think. I keep wondering what he's going to be like. We got to really see a lot more of him at our last appointment and I really think he'll look like Allen. He has his really long legs, it seems, and his nose. I think he'll look like me too. But I wonder if he'll like sports or if he'll be like his daddy and like science and history and nerdy stuff like that! Or, will he be like his mommy and like to read and write. Maybe he'll be a good combination of us both and be athletic yet smart and nerdy. I don't really care what he likes, I just want him to be a happy, healthy little boy that loves his parents and thinks we are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment