Monday, February 28, 2011

Just pray

Sometimes, you just have to sit back and give your life to God, problems and all. It's not as easy as it sounds but in the end, it's the best way you can handle life's little lemons.

The past few months have been both hard and exciting all at the same time. We have a little baby coming which is the best thing that's ever happened to us and it's something we truly treasure. But we don't exactly have our lives together which makes having a baby pretty tough. As soon as I got pregnant, I had to become a different type of person. Typically, I worry about everything and I mean everything. But stress is not good for a pregnant woman so I started not worrying and I just started believing God would take care of everything. And He has. Our lives are still a mess but we can see a light. We can see things changing. I finally listened to Jennifer and I gave it to God.

It's been amazing to see the change in my marriage since we decided to include God. And I'm amazed at what God has done for Allen. He has taken this person who had so many doubts and just turned his life around. I'm so proud of my new husband, the husband that truly wants to  go to church every Sunday, the husband who will now take my hand in a restaurant to pray before we eat, the one whose answer to everything now is, "We just need to pray about it." We still have some work to do but it feels so good to be able to grow and to leave all our problems and worries at God's feet and just know that He will be there during our hard times and will guide us where we need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment