Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mini what?

So, with a baby on the way,  you start to think about things. You have to think logically about how you're going to get this little baby and the one million things you have to take with you back and forth. And since I imagine we'll be traveling a lot to and from Bethel, we have really thought hard about it.

It's amazing how much a child needs. I don't remember needing all this mess when I was a kid.

Allen and I have two mustangs and a work van. One mustang is in a million pieces waiting for Allen to paint it. It's been waiting for over a year now so really that mustang don't count. I wish it ran because although it's a two-door, it is bigger than our other mustang, which I am driving now. It's a four-cylinder and it's little. There's no way a baby, two dogs, me and Allen can fit in it comfortably. When we go to Bethel now, we are jam packed full of stuff. And Allen's van, well, it only has two seats too and it's meant for work stuff, like taking the trash off, picking up wood, stuff like that. Though we could put a seat in it, I'm 100% against doing that. It's not meant to be a family van. It's meant to be a hauling stuff van. So Allen and I started looking at new cars. I want a crossover with a third row seat. We got our sites set on the new Kia Sorento, which are awesome and fairly affordable for brand new cars. But when you take into account a car payment of $300-$400, we began to think harder. Since we are trying to get out of debt and we currently have NO car payment, it seems stupid to go into debt more for a car. So we started to rethink things. Those thoughts began to turn toward minivans. YES minivans.

I am a sports car kind of girl. I don't drive minivans and I swore that no matter how many kids I had, I would never, ever feel the urge to buy a minivan. But urges are different than necessity so here I am, thinking about minivans. And boy, do I hate myself!

I don't know what it is about minivans that disturbs me. But something does. Allen has no problem with a minivan. He loves the thought of getting one. He even said he'd drive it and I could keep driving the mustang, which is fine if he's going to be the main one hauling Corbin around. So here we are, looking for a minivan and hoping we can save up enough money to buy one straight up and not have a car payment. Allen will probably have to sell his work van and inevitably, one of our mustangs will have to go. But I'm crossing my fingers that maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to find myself a crossover vehicle with a third row seat that is used and affordable so I can slip into that instead of the mommymobile that my destiny seems to be leaning towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment